Sunday, 9 November 2008

Maya playing tricks on you?

So this is just a quick blog which I hope will help anyone whose suffered a similar problem in Maya.
Basically I run Maya on my mac laptop but this problem does occur on any laptop where option boxes and tools don't display...in fact a lot of issues with things not displaying in Maya on your laptop will be related to this problem. I have had many issues with the right click and have always put it down to selling my soul to apple.
After searching through many forums and speaking to Jared to confirm the problem, it seems its related to video card drivers on your laptop...in short, Maya doesn't like display settings on your laptop.
However there's a very simple solution to this problem, its so simple perhaps everyones already done this in which case this is all a giant note to self *GET ON WITH IT*
SO...
All you need to do go to your laptops display settings and change the dpi/display settings to something different (any really it doesn't matter but perhaps not one too far off your original just in case it stretches too much) then restart your computer. Then repeat the process, changing the display settings back to normal and restart once more. I've just done this on my laptop and the right click is working much better, only time will tell.
Anyway, short blog and I hope this helps anyone out if there also having this issue. Pass it on too (like Jamie Oliver style but better!)

No comments: