Although I really really REALLY wanted to model the car for the scene, Im finding I cant dedicate enough time to each area I have been assigned which includes: building modeling, car modeling and learning how animate this spider (who is actually the biggest FAKE spider ever)
*ahem* Anyway, after realising how long its going to take to get into the swing of the quad walk cycle, and having issues with my car model, Dan agreed to take over the modeling of the car and sent through my recent maya file for him to continue....whether he uses this or bins it is up to him haha! As well as this, I have sent through my reference images for him to use so he can get straight to the modeling.
Anyway, I have loads of imgaes of the many cars I attempted...they are too ugly for blogspot though so I shall just post these:
So far so good - extruding basic block to create the shape of the car. Im still using my curves I'd drawn for previous attempts as guidelines.
But then....oh no! Model splits when smoothed. Splits are occurring in areas where i had snapped vertices. Turns out I forgot to merge vertices....DOI! Annoying when you overlook the little things!
Notes from the Bear...we both overlooked merging vertices...opps. Internet is too good for instant feedback on your work :)
So yeah, heres some of my past attempts where I had to improvise without the use of my extrude tool:I tried making the car plane by plane so it would be easier to texture...not easier to model though...snap snap verts
I then thought I'd try to follow a curves route which would allow for a smoother finish...it made my brain hurt and due to my many options not displaying because of previously mentioned problems with maya vs laptop the idea was abandoned. Lofting this was beyond crazy!
I tried! Lord knows I tried, and if I had more time I'd continue. Im sure Mr. Grigsby will have more success and I hope my work helps him in some way *broooooooom brooooooooom*
I then thought I'd try to follow a curves route which would allow for a smoother finish...it made my brain hurt and due to my many options not displaying because of previously mentioned problems with maya vs laptop the idea was abandoned. Lofting this was beyond crazy!
I tried! Lord knows I tried, and if I had more time I'd continue. Im sure Mr. Grigsby will have more success and I hope my work helps him in some way *broooooooom brooooooooom*
No comments:
Post a Comment